In embARC OSP, FreeRTOS is adopted to provide OS kernel service. An optimized
DesignWare® ARC® processors port is provided in
FreeRTOS is the market-leading real-time operating system (or RTOS), and the de-facto standard solution for microcontrollers and small microprocessors.
- Provides a single and independent solution for many different architectures and development tools.
- Feature rich and is still undergoing continuous active development.
- Minimal ROM, RAM, and processing overhead. Typical RTOS kernel binary image is 6K to 12K bytes.
- Very simple. The core of the RTOS kernel is contained in only three C files. The majority of the many files included in the .zip file download relate only to the numerous demonstration applications.
- Truly free for use in commercial applications.
- Comes with a porting, platform development, or application development service if required.
- Is well established with a large and ever growing user base.
- Provides ample documentation.
- Highly scalable, simple, and easy to use.
It’s also possible to integrate other RTOS into embARC OSP