embARC Board Support Package (BSP)
The embARC Board Support Package (BSP) for DesignWare® ARC® EM Starter Kit (EMSK) is a software distribution aimed at facilitating the development and evaluation of embedded systems based on ARCv2 processors.
Unlike the embARC OSP, which is a full-featured distribution for ARC embedded systems, the embARC BSP is designed to provide a minimal board support package for ARC users by defining consistent and simple software interfaces to the processors and onboard devices.
The embARC BSP code is originated from the embARC OSP. The code is reorganized with the same ARC HAL, device HAL and driver implementations for DesignWare IP peripherals. The operating systems, common libraries and applications are not included in the embARC BSP. The code in embARC BSP is independent from the build system. It can be ported to various build system easily. The lightweight makefile and Eclipse IDE are both supported in embARC BSP as reference.
- Support MetaWare & ARC GNU toolchains
- Support various build systems and compiling environments, such as simple makefile, ARC MetaWare & GNU IDE, makefile, IDE support
- Use embARC ARC Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), C & C++ support, assembly support
- Simple UART and GPIO, I2C, SPI drivers
- No middleware, no OS
- Hello & blinky example (UART, GPIO, timer)